Thursday 20 January 2011

Third blog of 2011 FMP animation (and no witty titles this week)

Third blog for FMP animation so far.


6/12/10


Written down a sketch for the animation about a Jerry Springer satire skit and about pop culture neutering (image below to read from my sketchbook).



7/12/10

Discussing procession with Will today. Discussed about the work I've written so far, he told me to make the characters stronger (at this moment the characters are weak) make the relationship stronger. That what I need to do make the characters stronger and continue with writing the story. He also said to me to watch 'Simon's Cat' to look at.

9/12/10

Looked at couple of epsidoes of' Simon's Cat'. First of all like the usage of black and white, worked quite well, if it was colourful would have been focus of the characters. I also liked the use there wasn't focusing on the background, they were concentrating on the characters.




11/12/10

When I was looking at 'Simon's Cat', I was thinking look at other human and cat relationship in cartoons. I looked at 'Top Cat', what I liked in these cartoons where the relationship of Top Cat and Officer Dibble, they were quite more human rather than Simon's Cat, which is more human/pet relationship. Also, I liked was the styling, it was quite simplistic with some of the characters such as Benny.





14/12/10

na (not attended)

18/12/10

I have been writing down the basic characteristics of the main characters will be like such as: age, interests, bright or dumb and so forth (image below from sketch book).

Also starting to write the scripts, I just bought Paul Wells book:
Basics Animation: Scriptwriting to help me to write the script I am writing for the animation.

21/12/10

Continuing with writing scripts at this stage, will continued this into the new year.

End of Blog. Next Blog soon. That's all. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment