Monday 31 January 2011

Another writtey title, but can't think of one at this minute, oh well, continuing of my Final Major Project Journal

This is continuation of the blog/journal so far with my forth write up so far. Oh by the way sorry for the delay folks.

1/01/11

Continuing developing the script since before Christmas.



Meanwhile looking at a few Tom and Jerry cartoons. Which I've looked at Tom character which is a cat of course. What I've found about Tom's characteristics which are quite noticeable such as he speaks or screams (videos below) like a human when he gets hurt. Also, when he walks like a human. The only qualities he has being a cat is hating mice and looking like a cat. Also what worked well in these cartoons was the score it worked well with the animation such as which mode the characters are in.






4/01/11

I have been reading up Basic animation: scriptwriting by Paul wells. I have looked at case study in the book called 'writing comedy: van Partible' (who van Partible was creator of the Johnny Bravo series) was talking about his creation Johnny Bravo (1997). He says making Johnnys characteristics is a pre-teen with a lot of testosterone that makes bad judgements trapped in an adult body, despite this having a heart of gold, making the character simpler to write (videos below).






This method should work well with my main character Donny by making him dumb (not as completely dumb character such as a Peter Griffin or Homer Simpson) whereas making Pete smarter than Donny. This will be simplistic to write the story overall.

Meanwhile still developing my script.

9/01/11

Finished off my script for the animation. Sending it off to a few people to get some feedback a few days time. In the meantime I am starting to draw down what the characters will possibly look like.



14/01/11

Starting to draw down some characters will be looking like. I have done early drawing what Donny will possible look like.



Also, I have doing some rough sketches on what Pete will possibly look like as well.

End of blog for now. Next blog soon. Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment