Thursday 13 January 2011

Dear Hardcore diary (what a second I'm not Mick Foley), Second brand new blog of 2011

Right second blog of 2011. Don't worry its still an animation blog.

23/11/10

Today I have discussed ideas with Will today (wasn't here on the 16/11/10). Talked about all of my ideas so far. He advise not to drop 'the Ghost town of the future' idea yet, he said might be more achievable to do.

He also says to continue with the 'House of Donny', it needs to be more heavily dialogue, go and do some character design/testing. He said to me to look at researching script writing and lip-synching. Go and look at images for x-sheet or dope sheets. He also advise me to look at Clerks for research about good example of slacker comedy, smart through crude.

24/11/10

I have looked at some clips of Clerks such as this clip below, talking about Jedi Politics and talking about the Death Star in Return of the Jedi.


While, I also looking on Youtube I've found 'Clerks: The Animated Series', which they only done six episodes, But they continued with the same format of the film using films, and humour such as the start of the show were they use humour in the right time with the announcer at the start.

I like their style. I really like the use of the thick outlines on the character, using thinner black lines for details. While using very bland colours (not using any bright colours) suited quite well in the animation. And the videos below is the first episode of 'Clerks: The Animated Series'.




25/11/10

I have also looked at some early animation from Seth MacFarlane called 'The Life of Larry' and 'Larry & Steve' are two animation short films, that would eventually led to the development of Family guy. 'The Life of Larry' is short animation from Seth MacFarlane's student film he created at Uni. Meanwhile Larry & Steve' was created for Cartoon Network when he was working at Hanna-Barbera Productions, before he was started on Family Guy for 20th Century Fox.

What I really like in these animation is the styling, I liked this because, when you see his Family Guy, Cleveland Show and American dad styling is quite similar to each other. But in these two early animations they are quite different of the characters are much more detailed then his latter cartoons.

Another thing I quite like is the interaction between Larry and Steve. The student animation is quite different relationship, talking to each other in 'Life of Larry', while in 'Larry and Steve', Larry quite more of an idiot.



27/11/10

Today, I have looked at examples of dope sheets and x-sheets what Will tell me to looked at. First example I have looked at was The Fundamentals of Animation by Paul Wells. This had many examples of dope sheets. Another example I've looked at was on this link. This was another example of a dope sheet below I've looked at. Which helped me more on dope sheets does.


30/11/10

NA (not attended), due to snow.

03/12/10

Start to put ideas down onto paper, just putting a structure into the story will be, just putting every joke down, you can put down into approx three minutes (image below). I think it needs to be less jokes to work in my opinion, I might wait to Tuesday and ask Will about his opinions about it.
End of second blog, new blog soon, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment