Sunday 21 March 2010

Blog from 15th to 18th March, no pictures needed look at last Friday's blog for that

15/3/10

I have been creating some conceptual drawings of my boy and dog which I have drawn in flash. I showed some the model sheets to my peers to get some feedback:

Boy
  • style - endearing would capture the attention of the audience
  • good colour
  • my own style
  • sticking with stereotype the area
  • facial expressions are good,
  • the colour does not stay within the outline-gives it character
  • detail
  • like the style rough lines

Mixed media
  • mixed media could work, needs to be carefully incorporated into the animation
  • your style marries the mix media well
  • unless you are sure that the animation is good, it could work
  • I think the roughness adds character
  • I don't think mixed media works with rough lines, it's got to be neater

Dog
  • the character has an endearing face, friendly food
  • dog back legs needs to be fatter
  • dog its very cute
  • roughness adds character
  • dog looks rushed but it can work
Overall my peers felt the boy character works well and has effective styling that suited my style. The feedback from mixed media my peers felt it can work well in the right propositions. They also felt the dog styling is cute and has a friendly face and the style is associated my style.
However, they felt the dog needs to have fatter, needs more developing, I felt needs more improvements to it. Look at images from last week.

16/3/10

Today I have developed the dog Character through out the day, started it looked like a Labrador then developed look like Tramp character out of Lady and the Tramp and then looked
a boxer and then finished off looking like a valley bulldog (breed between a bulldog and boxer). Look

18/3/10

I have continued developed the dog character face with some dope/character sheet which I have drawn in Flash. Look at images from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment