Sunday 4 December 2011

Red Bull Canimation Challenge post number two

Hi again, the continue of pre-production/animating side of the animation so far. So here is the continuation of the blog from last time out.

Day 6: 29/10/11

Looking to develop the idea about Sebastian Vettel from the lower formulas to winning the Formula 1 Drivers Championship and Red Bull Racing winning the Constructors championship as my story.




I'm also, going to do is to create a lower Formula car, such as a Formula Renault car for example, from a Red Bull can which I am to create, possibly out of Photoshop then bringing into Flash.



So therefore, I am starting to develop my storyboards, by starting with rough storyboards. So to get my story down onto paper.




Day 7: 30/10/11

Finished off rough storyboards. Now starting on a proper storyboards, I wanted to achieve with the animation.



Day 8: 31/10/11

I finished of the proper storyboards, not a lot of changes from the storyboards. Now I am starting on what Red Bull race can car and Drivers will look like. I did this sketch on Adobe Ideas on the iPhone.



Meanwhile I did some crash helmets designs so can be templates in Adobe Flash, on what the drivers will look like. I didn't like these designs below, wasn't satisfied with them. So therefore, still need to develop them.



So I've developed it to better template to crash helmets designs, this works better. Its suits my own unique style, its also suites the character as-well. The Sebastian Vettel character below, also Mark Webber and the mechanics too.



Day 9: 1/11/11

Throughout today, I've been developing the race-can car. I done this in Photoshop. First attempt, the can needed to be longer, so it can make the car look like more of a Formula 1 car.


So I went back and stretch the main can in Photoshop. Then added a rear wing and added mini red Bull cans in a different angles to make a front wing. Similar to a Lotus 49 from 1969. Then when completing. I changed the can to black and white by Image - Adjustment - Threshold, Then duplicated a few lawyers a few times, then added a few simple colours (red, blue and yellow) to create race-can car. Then saved it as a png file.



Then I created some tyres by taking a photo of a toy wheel then gone into Photoshop then Image - Adjustment - Threshold, then duplicate the layers a few times, changing opacity to create the tyre. Then save as a png file as-well.



Then in adobe Flash to create a movie clip symbol (because I am going to add the tyres moving by using a motion tween and rotating the wheels inside the movie-clip symbol if-self, add the race driver as-well later) to created race-can car.




Day 10: 2/11/11

Today did the same thing as yesterday with race-can car, this time with a Red Bull Formula 1 car in Photoshop. Did the same set up in Photoshop, then save as a png file. Then export it into Flash with race-can car as-well. As the video below shows.





Day 11: 3/11/11

Today I went to GarageBand to do my score for the aniamtion. The narriator/charcaters talking was myself I wrote as a script. I found some free/next to nothing sound effects and background music and place them into GarageBand. Then place them in the right order of
timeline in the right order. After I complete the score, I Save the score then exported by share - send song to iTunes.





Then I find the Wav file. Place it into Adobe Flash. I've set it up as 1280 px x 720 px to make it as a HD layout to my animation. This is my set up for my animation throughout. Then place the audio Into my time-time, ready to animate.



End of post for now, new post soon. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment