Friday 30 December 2011

The Forth and final blog for Red Bull Canimation Challenge

Hi again, final post for this project, and the final animation as-well. So here's the conclusion of the animation and the results afterwards.

Day 17: 9/10/11

Today I have finished off the Formula 1 Red Bull race scene, which is all completed, with a few tweaks for the F1 Red Bull race scene.



Day 18: 10/11/11

Today I finished the scene were Mark meets Sebastian (see Day 14:6/11/11). Now which includes both bodies into the animation, which is now completed.



Day 19: 11/11/11

Today I done the background of the garage and the mechanics who are in the pit lane , the mechanics were created by a movie clip symbol, drawing in the movie-clip symbol when they need to blink.



While the garages are created as a graphic symbol simply to create this.



Day 20: 12/11/11

I done today the body movement at the end of the animation were Sebastian does his signature winning pose (picture below explains clearer what I'm explaining).



Done this a the same as when Sebastian saying hello to the audience (Day 12 4/11/11) inside a movie-clip symbol. Then afterwards placing it into the main timeline to create this.



I added a new camera tracking into Sebastian by using two different keyframes then connecting with a motion tween in each layer that was needed with.

This is the animation so far.



Day 21: 13/11/11

I've re-edited the audio for the animation to add another character speaking. Also, I changed the background music too in GarageBand, re-ring it into Flash on the main timeline.




Day 22: 14/11/11

Today I've completed the animation altogether such as the outro adding a certain product into the animation as-well.



After I done this I've exported the animation by file - export - export movie. I checked all exporting set up such as size of the animation, compressor which is an animation compression, and frame rate (25fps- frames per second) so the animation matches with the audio. Then press export button as a QuickTime file.





After it was exported, I checked the QuickTime was fine, nothing gone wrong what I watched. When everything was fine I've uploaded the QuickTime file onto YouTube and Vimeo to show everyone around the world, anyone who is interested in my work. Ready to be hand in for the competition.





Day 23: 15/11/11

Today I have entered the animation on the
Canimation web-site signed up for the competition. I've also Tweeted and Face-booked as many people as possible to watch the animation and like it on Facebook so I have a change of winning the open competition in the drawn category.



Therefore, I have done the best what I can promote the animation through out the week.

The Result

Bad news, didn't won the open drawn category, let alone in the top 10. So Game Over for now. However got some feedback of liking the animation I created.



The Winning animation in my group was called 'SkyHound' in the open drawn category. I liked the animation. But, its a big but, I felt the animation was more CGI (After Effects maybe even a 3D program) than hand drawn in my opinion. I felt there is other animations had a more drawn quality then this animation what I have seen. This is more of the Judges have picked in their opinion so well done for winning. If you think I am a sore loser I am not, just saying. Anyway, end of Project/Challenge.

But, for now see you in 2012. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment