Friday 22 April 2011

8th Animation blog/Journal for FMP Animation

Sorry about the delay, I've been focusing of current and different projects, so here is continuation of the blog from last time.

24/2/11

Today I have looked at a few animations today for some research.

First animation I looked was 'Killing time at home' (2003) Directed by Neil Coslett
[1]. The animation is about an Isolated man who lives from his home, doesn't interact the outside world, only thing he interact the outside world is to buy little creatures the way to have the creatures as his friends is to, make his friends is to grow them.




What I did like about the animation was the styling, I enjoyed the boldness of the characters and props. I have also enjoyed the design of the human character of having his face, such as eyes and mouth lower than usually a human being would have. Another thing I like was the score of the animation, I felt it worked well with the atmosphere in the animation. What I didn't like about the animation was the end of the story, I felt the creature was ejected from the human being.

Another animation I've looked at was Puss in Boots (1989)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sx9pun305Q. Note I can only can show the link because the embedding disabled by the viewer. What I did like about the animation was the characters I felt the human was dumb similar to Donny. While Puss in Boots was Smart and very human similar to Pete characteristics.

1/3/11

Re-showed last week animatic to my class today, because Will was in, and some of my peers was not in the week before, mention same criticism from last week. But what I found different from this week is that I need to re-tune the script again, also deleting the scene were my female character Channelle is in, but sill talking about her in the animation, as in future animatic will show later in my post.




4/3/11

Today I altered the script, and also updated the storyboards were I need to respond to from the 1st March feedback.




5/3/11

Today I asked on my Facebook group (note no screen shots, or the group is called due to privatise reasons for myself and for the group itself). Ask for any actors who can do the voices for my animation got some replays.


7/3/11

I've gone back into iMovie to re-edit the animatic to export.




Then afterwards I've uploaded the new animatic onto Youtube.


8/3/11

Gone into Uni today, got some feedback on Facebook and discussing with the actors, who want to the voices, and discussed which characters who they are going to record, which actor will suit the character will work for my animation. Speaking about recording I will be recording next week 15/3/11.

End of blog for now, new blog soon. Bye.



[1] Watched from DVD 'The Best of British Animation Awards 5' (2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment