Sunday 4 March 2012

A drawing/illustrated post with super heroes in it

First proper post/blog of March. Starting of with a different post today. This what I have done from last few months. Influenced by a few images from the Superman/Batman comic books. Draw them first by hand, then scanned in, then altered in Photoshop.


I was influenced by the Pop Art movement, Artist such as Roy Liechtenstein and Andy Warhol. Also, I was influenced by Frank Miller’s Sin City Comic book style of black and white images with adding limited colour.

The original drawings was created by using HB pencil and a sharpie pen.



Then adding the blue and red by using cheap marker pens to draw in.



Now, I went into Photoshop by scanning in the original black and white image. Then in Photoshop I threshold the image to black and white. Then, with the layer went to select menu – click onto colour range, put the fuzziness to 100% clicked OK then delete the white bits of the image as the image below shows.



Then in a few layers below the main layer added simple colours to the image in each layer.



After I added the colour, then saved as a jpg file. This is the finish piece.



Also, I’ve did the same technique to Batman image as-well as Superman above.





So here is the finish product of Superman and Batman together.



That is all. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment